"Writing eases my suffering..writing is my way of reaffirming my own existence." - Gao Xingjian

Friday, July 1, 2011

Tales of Adventure



When I was younger I would watch Lord of the Rings kind of obsessively. I loved the scenes when they would start their journey and travel across the vast lands, traveling into the unknown. The music would strike up and put this passion in me. I strived for that kind of adventure. That's why when we went to Hawaii and we were hiking through the forest and up mountains I was in heaven. I used to ride horses and sometimes I would imagine myself cantering away like Arwen in the scene when she's being chased by the Nazgûl. That's partly why I love reading fantasy books so much it's the closest I can get to going on an adventure. My dream is to travel to New Zealand and do as much as I can there. Hike, horseback, canoe, kayak, zip line, anything and everything. I want my adventure. One day. 
"Adventure is out there!" - UP 

No comments:

Post a Comment